Sunday, September 11, 2005

my first xc meet!

Yeah, I had my first xc meet today.It was pretty...exhausting, hot, and yet exhilerating.I came in 18th out of 32 girls, JV of course, but I was the third to cross the finish line for our team out of the 9 girls that were there.I was dead. But coach came up to me and was like "You're my hero. That was an outstanding race!".That was amazing.Coach has never said anything like that to me before, so I was happy, to say the least.And so was he, evdidently.I'm so proud of myself.I finished the race, and I didn't walk once.Not once.My time was 28:49.53.Not bad for my first race I guess.I was supposed to surge around all the turns, but I ended up only being able to do about half.But the hills were mine.I sprinted up and down every one. It almost killed me,, but hey, I'm still here.Now that I know I can do it, I just gotta work on my time.But that will come later.Right now I'm just happy with how I did.Amyways, I'm gonna go take a bath and soak because if I thought I was sore yesterday, it was nothing compared to today.Every part of my body hurts except my head and neck.Joy, right?I literally had to roll out of Issy's bed to get up this morning.So yeah, I'm really sore, and gonna go not move now.Bibi.

2 comments:

isabel said...

you.

are.

AWESOME!!!!

I was sooooo proud!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, i did cross country one year and hated it, that is a big accomplishment. ^_^